Wednesday, October 27, 2010

back to the blog

Amazing how I can forget to blog.  It's just not a habit yet.  Perhaps one day it will be a habit, like picking water over soda.

This month in summary:

1) I've pretty much given up soda.  In that I've had one 8-ounce glass bottle of Coke since October 9.  I had it yesterday and it tasted fantastic.  My rule is that I can have no more than one soda per week.  For me, it's pretty huge that I'm able to stick with this so far.

2) I've gotten to the point where I can jog for six minutes straight.  :)  Tomorrow I might just go for 7-8 minutes.
3) I put away my scale because I've decided that I know how I need to eat (and how much) and know I need to exercise.  I want to weigh in no more than twice a month.  I really need to focus on health and not on a number.  I need to trust the process.

Next month?  I want to be able to jog 12+ minutes.  Ultimately, I want to be able to go 30 minutes straight by Christmas.  Then I can work on my speed.

Also, I am a big believer in enjoying the holiDAYs.  As in, for Thanksgiving, I'll eat my mashed potatoes and gooey pumpkin dessert* without guilt.  Because I know it's just one meal on one day, not the start of a free-for-all until January 1.

*My stepmom makes this instead of pumpkin pie.  I can't tell you what's in it, as I opted to not get the recipe from her.  I knew I would eat it constantly if I did!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I wish I could get down to one Diet Coke a week :) As for endurance, it takes time....I'm up to 35 on the treadmill and toward the end it's torture. You'll get there!!!

    ReplyDelete