Sunday, October 3, 2010

So far, so good

For once, the weekend wasn't a total wash.  Besides getting some much needed rest, I managed to get my apartment clean & mostly in order, ate reasonably well, and even got in a couple of workouts.

On Friday after work I did go to the gym like I said I would.  I did intervals on the treadmill for 30 minutes, followed by stretching.  Five minutes walking for a warm up, then 2 minutes jogging, 3 minutes walking for the rest of the time.  When I say "jogging" I mean sloooooow jogging.  On Friday I walked at 3.1 mph and jogged at 3.7 mph.  I feel there is no shame in slow jogging.  It gives me that wonderful dose of endorphins, and I want to keep on jogging!

Today (Sunday) I did my yoga DVD for the first time in ages.  It's a relaxing, stretchy yoga that I adore.  Really, I love it, I just haven't felt motivated to do it in a long time.  

It's good to be active again.  I've already made a plan for my week ahead in terms of food & exercise, so I'm ready to go! 

1 comment:

  1. Slow jogging is the way to go! When I started, it was in literally 30 second intervals on the treadmill - I would use commercials as a guideline, run through one commercial, then two, then the whole break. Once I was able to go for a certain length of time, I started kicking up the speed. Slow and steady is what this is all about!

    ReplyDelete