Sunday, September 11, 2011

So. Over. It.

This morning I woke up energized and ready to start my day.  I had some tea and toast, the toast was homemade bread with homemade butter (made yesterday!).  I started thinking again about how I knew exactly what was in what I was eating and drinking.  No crazy ingredients, just real food.  Made with real effort (Anna and I made the bread and butter yesterday...yes, hard work!!).

And then I realized that I'm over it.  I'm over trying to diet and lose weight and wear smaller sizes.  No matter what size I am, I need to eat well.  By that, I mean eat clean.  I want to start making sure that I buy local foods and cook them myself more often.  I want to satisfy my cravings without feeling overly full.  I want to naturally eat healthfully.  I know that I am carb-sensitive, so maybe I don't need bread at every meal.  But eliminate the stuff that is hand-crafted?  Nope.

Also, no matter what size I am, I need exercise.  Again, due to the carb-sensitivity, I know I need vigorous & consistent exercise to keep my blood sugar levels in check.

Just because I say that I'm over the whole dieting thing doesn't mean that I'm only going to eat brownies and ice cream.  I feel like it'll be the opposite, really.  Because I can have what my body needs, nothing is off limits.  And really, it's only my mind that craves brownies and ice cream.  My body wants veggies. And right now it wants a second cup of tea.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment